Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

P90X-Rushfit Hybrid - Week 4

This is the "rest" week of the program, where we do a set of different workouts to change things up. Much less intense than the main weeks (weeks 1-3), but still quite challenging and gives a good burn.

Here's my version of Week 4:

Day 22: Core Synergistics (P90X)
Day 23: Fight Conditioning (Rushfit)
Day 24:Balance & Agility (Rushfit)
Day 25: Ab Ripper X (P90X)
Day 26: BJJ training
Day 27: Core Synergistics (P90X)
Day 28: BJJ training
 
Some time ago, I had tried out Core Synergistics once in my workouts, and at that time, I found the workout to be kinda "bleh"...

But after going deeper into the P90X program, Core Synergistics is now one of my favorite workouts! I dunno why! I think it's just the way the exercises are structured, which gives the body an overall all-body workout. Yo don't have to use any heavy weights, but every part of the body is worked in unison. Synergy, as they say.  liked it that much that I included 2 Core Synergistics in Week4 (I originally slotted in a cardio session for Day 27, but I swapped it with Core).
 
A good description of Core Synergistics can be found here.

Overall, a good week. Good for recovery before the next phase.
 
You need a strong core for grappling
Oh yeah, Rushfit's Balance & Agility workout is really good too. Another workout that is suited for grappling and jiu-jitsu players. It's somewhat similar in effect to Core Synergistics, and I really enjoyed going thru it.




4 comments:

  1. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting tips shared by you. I really like to read your blogs as they contains very important and informative content. I appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone should read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete